CEVO Pro League Finals coverage
The best CS:GO teams will gather together on 25–26 July to take part in CEVO Pro League finals. Twelve strongest North American and European squads managed to beat their skilled opponents online and reach the final stage in Columbus. This weekend, they will face each other at MLG Arena for the title and prize of $ 75 000.
27th of July:
- 02:45 - This concludes our report from the LAN finals of seventh season of CEVO! Thank you for tuning in, cheering for Natus Vincere and following this coverage. If you want to leave some feedback, feel free to do so in the comments! This coverage was brought to you by noxilicious and mJay.
- 02:35 - A few hits don't land on the opponents but that is already enough. The players from Virtus.pro win the overtime with 19:15, they win with 3:1 in overall map score and therefore become the champions of the tournament. GG, my friend. Congratulations to the winner!
- 02:30 - The players from Virtus.pro take two rounds in a row in the overtime.
- 02:22 - Zeus had an excellent round and hit all the shots he needed to. Thanks to him the fourth map is going to overtime!
- 02:18 - The "Born To Win" squad wins a few crucial rounds in a row. They take a short break before the deciding round starts.
- 02:12 - The game is now favouring VP as they take back the momentum and win important rounds ...
- 02:02 - The "Born To Win" squad takes a timeout to discuss the strategy for the remaining rounds.
- 01:54 - The first half of de_mirage was won by our guys with a score of 10:5. The pistol round of the second half was taken by VP.
- 01:47 - Our opponents try to start a comeback but the Natus Vincere players show some good individual skill and aiming. Nothing to get here for VP!
- 01:30 - The match on de_mirage has started (fourth map of the finals). Virtus.pro takes the pistol round.
- 01:10 - Natus Vincere players have found their way to the final and took their first map! The first half finished 9:6, our boys quickly won six consecutive round, VP took one round before the "Born To Win" squad finished them off with 16:7. Overall map score is 2:1 in favour of VP right now. The game will continue on de_mirage after a short break - this is only the beginning!
- 01:05 - Some new pictures from the tournament.
- 00:59 - This is not the best map for our rivals. The first half shows that VP is afraid of open space and hopes for some good aiming and some kills on a long distance (without sniper rifles).
- 00:45 - Five rounds in a row for Natus Vincere!
- 00:38 - The "Born To Win" squad takes the first pistol round on de_cobblestone. Great start!
- 00:37 - The third map has just started.
- 00:30 - After a short break the game will continue. Some players of Virtus.pro did not leave the stage as they keep practising, trying to control their nerves. Usual situation for a grand final.
- 00:20 - The last rounds of the second map recalled some CS 1.6 memories. Quick rounds, accurate shooting and Natus Vincere quickly lost the second map as they couldn't use their benefits. Virtus.pro managed to win this map by winning a few rounds in a row despite the fact our players are giving everything they got!
- 00:14 - So far the game is balanced. Both teams show their best and don't give away any rounds.
- 00:05 - The pistol round of the second half was won by VP thanks to a very good timing from Neo which enabled him to even defuse the bomb. Our players didn't think about the possibility that the opponents would take defuse kits with them.
- 00:02 - The first half of the second map just ended with a score of 10.5 in favour of Natus Vincere. Our players are shooting well and use some bold strategies to maintain their advantage.
26th of July:
- 23:59 - As the score was 8:4 (in favour of the "Born To Win" squad) there was a pause because of problems with the microphone.
- 23:47 - Five consecutive won rounds provide Natus Vincere a lot of money and a good situation to continue the fight.
- 23:42 - Good start for the "Born To Win" squad, as they take the pistol round. Time to take advantage of that!
- 23:40 - The first round of de_cache has just started! Let's see how our boys will do here.
- 23:23 - This map didn't bring Natus Vincere any luck against the Polish squad. Don't forget, there are other maps still to be played! The "Born To Win" squad can still show its full potential there.
- 23:10 - Both teams are nervous - Virtus.pro took the first half. But don't forget, this map was the choice of our team.
- 22:55 - The score is 4:3 in favour of Natus Vincere. Meanwhile the CEVO tournament organizers announced that the prize pool for season 8 will be even higher. It should be $ 100.000 and $ 50.000 are planned to cover travel costs for the teams.
- 22:50 - A short pause as one player disconnected from the server.
- 22:42 - The first round goes to Natus Vincere! Great start!
- 22:40 - The game has just started, cheer for the "Born To Win" squad on de_overpass.
- 22:32 - Both teams will be able to show their skill on these maps but only the stronger team will win and go home as the winner of the tournament.
- 22:22 - The Natus Vincere players are already at their place and set themselves up. They warm up and prepare themselves for the most important match of the day against Virtus.pro. The grand final will be a bo5 and the maps will be de_overpass, de_cache, de_cobblestone, de_mirage and de_inferno!
- 21:42 - The miracle did not happen as the American players made a mistake which the Polish squad exploited and successfully turned against the Americans. They were able to win a key round and didn't mess around in the next one, securing their ticket for the next round. In the grand final Natus Vincere will play against Virtus.pro.
- 21:31 - The eSports veterans from VP showed some incredible skill on de_inferno! They win the first half with a score of 14:1! And just then Cloud9 tried out some uncommon tactics which were the basis for a comeback. They were able to buy weapons and win the important rounds, which surprised all the viewers who were watching live and watching the stream. As a result, VP lost 10 rounds in a row.
- 21:11 - Cloud9 was finally able to take one round from VP. Other than that the Polish squad looks pretty strong on de_inferno so far!
- 20:37 - On de_cache the Americans completely controlled the pace of the game and won the map quite easily - so the total opposite of the last map! The third map of this match should start soon.
- 20:02 - The second map de_cache has started and Virtus.pro took the first pistol round!
- 19:48 - With a lot of power and confident plays the Polish team takes down the American team on the first map de_train with a score of 16:5. The next map is the choice of the Americans and maybe we will see another kind of match on that map.
- 19:18 - The game between Virtus.pro and Cloud9 has just started on de_train.
- 19:12 - The players are having trouble configuring their devices. Therefore the start of the second semi-final will be slightly delayed.
- 18:45 - The match between Virtus.pro and Cloud9 will start soon. The teams are already on the stage, warming up and voting the maps(de_train, de_cache and de_inferno). In the meantime you can check out a short video about the match between Natus Vincere and mousesports.
- 18:05 - Incredible rounds and our boys manage to come out on top! Therefore Natus Vincere will advance to the grand final of the seventh season of CEVO, as they managed to win mousesports, who played very good and demonstrated some excellent tactics. The match was tense and it seemed like mousesports would start a comeback and eventually even win the match. Well coordinated team play and some exceptional plays from our boys secure the win on the second map with 16:14, overall map score 2:0.
- 18:02 - It is a tough game and every round is a new battle. Currently the score is 14:14, the next two rounds will be very important.
- 17:52 - A very sense situation on de_dust2. mousesports is able to use their tactics and win round after round. Our players have to find a way to break through and stop them from winning rounds or this could be over rather quickly.
- 17:39 - Second pistol round on de_dust2 goes to mousesports who played better as a team in this round.
- 17:34 - First half of de_dust2 just ended.
- 17:28 - Score is 9:4 in favour of Natus Vincere.
— HLTV.org (@HLTVorg) 26 июля 2015
- 17:16 - Natus Vincere takes the first round on the second map (1:3). Let's see who will win this as the strategies from both teams might decide who will win!
- 17:11 - The "Born To Win" squad could not take the pistol round. Zeus seems to be nervous - or focused? ...
- 17:10 - The match has just been resumed on de_dust2.
- 16:59 - The first map de_overpass is finished! Our team played confidently on this map and implemented some nice strategies. However, mousesports played good and demonstrated why they are in the playoffs. The next map will be de_dust2.
- 16:45 - The team that will win this match series has a guaranteed slot in the grand final and will receive at least $ 15 000 price money!
- 16:32 - Natus Vincere leads after a successful start!
- 16:19 - The "Born To Win" squad takes the first pistol round.
- 16:17 - The first map of the match just started!
- 16:07 - The teams have determined the three maps which will be played, if necessary. After that both teams went to discuss their strategies. Natus Vincere and mousesports will determine the winner of the match on these three maps: de_overpass, de_dust2, de_train.
- 16:00 - Welcome to the final day of the LAN finals of CEVO season 7. The teams have already arrived and are setting up the game right now!
- 04:25 - That concludes our report from the second day of CEVO season 7 LAN finals. In a few hours we will see the semi-finals and the grand final of the season! We will know the new champion very soon. See you later.
- 04:18 - The American players from Cloud9 didn't have many problems on de_cache and win this second map as well. Final overall score is 2:0 for them!
- 03:38 - The second map of the match just started.
- 03:25 - Cloud9 managed to win de_dust2 but their opponents didn't make it easy for them. Up next will be de_cache.
- 02:35 - The match between the two American teams started!
- 02:00 - Later today (Sunday) Natus Vincere and mousesports will face each other in the first semi-final game. The start of the match is scheduled for 16:00 CEST.
- 01:54 - Three frags from flamie and Natus Vincere takes the win on the third map! The "Born To Win" squad managed to break the will of the American team. Therefore our boys advance to the playoffs to compete for the championship of the seventh season of CEVO. Congratulations to our players and thanks for everyone who was with us that game!
- 01:40 - The first half ended in favour of Natus Vincere with a score of 8:7. The first round of the second half was won by our boys as well.
- 01:34 - After a short timeout the boys from Tempo Storm took three rounds in a row ...
- 01:17 - Third map started and Natus Vincere wins an important pistol round.
- 00:48 - Our boys didn't manage to win the overtime. They fought like lions and tried all the tactics they know, but the US team still fought a bit better. Tempo Storm showed their absolute best performance from the past months on de_inferno today. The decision will be made on the third map. Total map score on de_inferno is 25:22.
- 00:47 - Unreal scenarios in this overtime. The "Born To Win" squad wins a round by defusing the bomb at the very last second!
- 00:38 - Both teams are playing their absolute best and we are, once again, waiting for another overtime. More than 40 rounds have already been played on this map.
- 00:25 - More waiting ...
- 00:20 - New pictures from the match:
- 00:15 - Our players failed to win the decisive round. We are now waiting for the overtime, which will determine if a third map will be played or if the "Born To Win" Squad can advance to the playoffs.
- 00:10 - The match is more intense than ever. Stakes are high, a draw seems likely.
- 00:03 - Commitment pays off! Natus Vincere manages to take a nice lead!
25th of July:
- 23:44 - Our boys were not able to win the second pistol round. The five players from Tempo Storm played very carefully and defended very good.
- 23:38 - Another good round for the "Born To Win" squad!
- 23:26 - A few minutes into the game there were technial issues. A pause was necessary.
- 23:17- Natus Vincere failed to win the first pistol round.
- 23:03- The first map was very close, but Born to Win once again proved how strong they are and defeated their opponents! The next map is going to be de_inferno.
- 22:57- Our guys managed to bring the score to 12:12!
- 22:52- A very nice round from Born to Win!
- 22:45- The pistol round of the second half ended in favor of Natus Vincere.
- 22:37- Our players managed to feel their game again after a gun round win.
- 22:31- The maps for this BO3 are de_mirage, de_inferno and de_cbble.
- 22:27- Meanwhile, CLG take a 16:12 win over Team Liquid and move on to the next round of the tournament.
- 22:19- The clash between Natus Vincere and Tempo Storm has already started. The previous round will be replayed due to the disconnect.
- 21:48- The next clash is going to be between Counter Logic Gaming and Team Liquid. The score is 1:1 (16:5 @train, 3:16 @mirage). de_dust 2 is going to determine a winner.
- 21:35- mousesports win a second map and advance to semi-final!
- 20:19 - mousesports win on de_cache with a score of 16:5. de_dust2 will be up next in this match!
- 19:45 - The upper bracket final of group A is on stream right now: mousesports versus Cloud9.
- 19:30 - Our players are not desperate after losing to VP. They will prepare for the match and do their best to advance to the playoffs.
shit happens, need refocus and win game for qualified from group stage and try to be stronger in playoff— Denis Kostin (@seizedwf) 25 июля 2015
- 19:15 - Tempo Storm will be the next opponent for the "Born To Win" squad. This will be the last chance for both teams to get a ticket for the playoffs. The match will start at 22:00 CEST, so keep your fingers crossed for Natus Vincere.
- 18:57 - The next match will be the a consolation final for Natus Vincere. They will play against the winner of the match between Luminosity Gaming and Tempo Storm.
- 18:48 - The Natus Vincere players lost on the second map. They had a chance to win but Virtus.pro played with their absolute best skill and used their maximum capacity to win early rounds. Then they just kept their advantage and finished the map.
- 18:38 - The pistol round of the second half was just won by VP.
- 18:36 - First half just ended in favour of the Polish team.
- 18:32 - Still some hope left! Could be a comeback from our boys.
- 18:27 - The map de_train started off as the complete opposite of the first map. Our team took one round, then they lost some rounds and Virtus.pro took full advantage of that.
- 18:16 - The players from Natus Vincere couldn't win the first round on de_train.
- 18:04 - The "Born to Win" squad had a good game on the first chosen map. However, a mistake led to the overtime, which VP took advantage of. Natus Vincere failed to win important buy rounds and therefore lost the first map. The next maps in the BO3 will be de_train and de_mirage. Stream will continue after a quick break.
- 18:00 - The first half of the overtime is completed.
- 17:49 - The Polish squad has managed to get a draw. Now it is time for overtime, but fans do not lose hope as they know that Natus Vincere show some incredible skill in overtime from time to time.
- 17:45 - As the score is 14:15 now, Natus Vincere takes a quick timeout so starix can give advice and explain what to do.
- 17:40 - Virtus.pro decided it is time for a comeback, as the score is now 11:14.
- 17:27 - flamie had an awesome moment in the pistol round getting multiple kills as he was hidden in a smoke and striked just as the smoke faded away slowly! This moment will be shown in a short clip later.
- 17:22 - Victory for Luminosity Gaming! They win the first map in the overtime.
- 17:18 - Meanwhile both US teams are not giving each other any chance. It's already overtime on the first map!
- 17:12 - Just before the deciding round started one team took a break to discuss the strategy for the next rounds. At the same time players are hearing background noise in TeamSpeak, they are trying to solve this problem as of now.
- 17:08 - The Polish team took a few rounds in a row and the game went to a completely different pace. The "Born To Win" players played more carefully as they know that every mistake can be a costful one, giving the opponent an economical advantage.
- 16:50 - Our team had a good start on the first map and scored a few rounds already as they delivered some high quality teamwork.
- 16:45 - Finally the match between the two CIS teams started!
- 16:35 - Natus Vincere and Virtus.pro will start playing in a few minutes. The stream has gone live but the match has not yet started as all the players have to connect to the server first. Due to the delay all the other match dates have been slightly changed.
- 16:21 - Meanwhile Team Liquid is playing against CLG.
- 16:15 - The maps for the match are determined. The teams will play on de_overpass, de_train and de_mirage.
- 16:02 - All teams are already at the scene, setting up their computers.
— HLTV.org (@HLTVorg) 25 июля 2015
- 15:50 - Hello everyone! We begin the report from the second day of the finals from CEVO season 7. The match between the two CIS giants Natus Vincere and Virtus.pro will start in a few minutes.
- 04:40 - That concludes the report from the first day of the finals of the CEVO season 7. The competition will continue at 16:00 CEST with the first match between Natus Vincere and Virtus.pro to find out who will secure the first ticket to the playoffs. See you later!
- 04:35 - mousesports are not wasting any time and don't give their enemy any chance to win. Team Liquid was not able to find the right answers to the playstyle of the Germans, who whin de_overpass with a score of 16:8 and 2:0 overall in map score.
- 04:31 - Cloud9 managed to win the overtime and the map de_cache.
- 04:19 - CLG with an incredible run, they don't take the victory but manage to come back and get a draw. Overtime will start soon!
- 04:05 - "People in yellow!" - A new fiction film about the CEVO tournament, starring Natus Vincere:
- 03:54 - mouz and Liquid start to play the second map - de_cache.
- 03:41 - The first map between mousesports and Team Liquid is finished. The score on de_dust2 is 16:10 in favour of the Team from Europe.
- 03:29 - Cloud9 and CLG continue their match.
- 03:12 - Cloud9 wins de_cobblestone against CLG with a score of 16:10. The next map will be de_cache.
- 02:40 - mousesports versus Team Liquid finally started as well.
- 02:32 - As nearly one hour of delay has passed, the match between Cloud9 and Counter Logic Gaming finally started!
- 02:00 - The matches of group A are delayed. There are some technical problems which need to be fixed. The organizers explain themselves on Twitter:
We’re working on the current issues and will post updates as soon as we have them. We apologize again for the inconvenience.— MLG (@MLG) 24 июля 2015
- 01:07 - The Americans put up a good fight and Virtus.pro had to do their best to win. The final score for the second map is 16:13. Therefore Natus Vincere will play against Virtus.pro today to find out who will be the first place in group B.
- 00:55 - This is how our boys have prepared for the match:
preparing for match pic.twitter.com/wdxryM1IFC— Denis Kostin (@seizedwf) 24 июля 2015
- 00:50 - After a short break and the end of the match between Virtus.pro and Tempo Storm the next two matches will start. mousesports will play against Team Liquid, while Cloud9 will take on Counter Logic Gaming.
- 00:45 - In the match that has been played at the same as the match of our boys, Virtus.pro does not have any problems against Tempo Storm. The Polish players won the first map 16:9 and are in the lead with a 11:4 score on the second map.
- 00:40 - Our guys finish off the Americans and win the match!
- 00:26 - First half is over and our boys managed to finish it 10:5.
- 00:06 - The second game just started on de_dust2. Na'Vi takes the first pistol round!
24th of July:
23:50 - The first map is over, Natus Vincere wins with a score of 16:3. After a short break, the second map de_dust2 will start.
23:46 - First half on de_overpass just ended.
- 23:39 - Na'Vi takes seven rounds in a row, but still gives one more round to the opponent. Score is 11:2 at the moment.
23:25 - The match started! The pistol round goes to Natus Vincere.
23:18 - Do you already know the maps of match number 1? The players will compete on de_overpass, de_dust2 and de_cobblestone. The official hashtag of the tournament: #MLGCEVOLAN.
- 23:05 - Good evening all CS:GO lovers and Natus Vincere fans! Within the next few minutes the first matches of CEVO will start and the first opponent for our team will be Luminosity Gaming. The players are already having their pre-match interviews and the match will begin soon! Good luck to all teams!
- 23:00 CEST: Natus Vincere [2:0] Luminosity Gaming
- 23:00 CEST: Virtus.pro [2:0] Tempo Storm
- 01:30 CEST: mousesports [2:0] Team Liquid
- 01:30 CEST: Cloud9 G2A [2:0] Counter Logic Gaming
- 16:00 CEST: Natus Vincere [0:2] Virtus.pro
- 16:00 CEST: Luminosity Gaming [1:2] Tempo Storm
- 18:30 CEST: mousesports [2:0] Cloud9
- 18:30 CEST: Team Liquid [1:2] Counter Logic Gaming
- 22:00 CEST: Natus Vincere [2:1] Tempo Storm
- 23:30 CEST: Counter Logic Gaming [0:2] Cloud9
- 16:00 CEST: Natus Vincere [2:0] mousesports
- 18:30 CEST: Virtus.pro [2:1] Cloud9
- 21:00 CEST: Natus Vincere [1:3] Virtus.pro
1 Natus Vincere
2 Natus Vincere
- Group stage: the tournanament will start off with the GSL-system (double groupstage). There will be 2 groups of 4 teams each. All matches will be held in BO3 format. Two best teams of each group will advance to the play off.
- Play-offs: all matches will be held in BO3 format (single elimination), grand-final — in BO5.
Columbus — is the capital of Ohio with a population of 787 000. The city has lots of sport and entertainment centres.
st place — Virtus.pro - $ 30 000
nd place — Natus Vincere - $ 15 000
rd place — mousesports - $ 10 000
th place — Cloud9 - $ 10 000
th places — Tempo Storm, Team Liquid - $ 5 000