Let's go to the movies with Na`Vi!
We asked 3 questions to the players and employees of Natus Vincere:
- Let’s talk about the latest released movies: Furious 7, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Mad Max: Fury Road. Which movies did you watch in the theatres? Which movies are you planning to watch in June? Which releases did you like? Which releases didn’t you like? Why?
- New Star Wars, Terminator Genisys with old good Arnie, new Fantastic Four, Jurassic World and Ted 2 will be released in 2015. Moreover, Warcraft, waited by many gamers will be released in Summer 2016. Which of the movies do you wait for most? Do you plan to watch them at home? Or will you go to the movies?
- Apart from the new films, listed above, which movies did you watch this month? What would you suggest watching to our fans?
Daniil "Dendi" Ishutin (Natus Vincere Dota 2 player)
- I haven't watched any of these! I've been training hard. I don't know about other releases, but I'd like to watch these. Unfortunately, I won't have time in June due to many tournaments and upcoming TI.
- All the listed movie sound awesome to me! Surely, Warcraft is the most interesting. I will go to the movies to watch it. As watching such films in the cinema is cooler.
- Frankly speaking, I don't remember. We are going to watch various movies with friends, both new ones and old ones. I am bad at remembering the names of the films, so I can't suggest anything.
Alexander "XBOCT" Dashkevich (Natus Vincere Dota 2 player)
- I watched all of them. Furious is so, so. The long waited encounters between Statham, Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson didn't impress me much. However, the movie is worth watching. The Avengers seemed to be a bit too long, though I still liked them. As concerns Mad Max, I liked it very much: non-stop action is always fun.
- I can't wait to see the release of Star Wars. I don't expect much of Terminator, but I'll be glad to watch it. The Jurassic World's plot is different from that of previous parts, so I think it'll be interesting and fun to watch the people and dinosaurs cooperate to fight against a super-dinosaur. Ted 2 promises to be a very funny comedy. The bear will become almost human, it's worth seeing! Warcraft release has been delayed for so many times. It might happen so that they will do it again. I like watching movies in the cinema, so I'll take a good company and watch all the abovementioned movies!
- I don't recall it. It seems, I've only watched these ones. Lord of War is an old movie, but it is very interesting.
Pontus "Breez" Sjogren (Natus Vincere Heroes of The Storm player)
- I watched Fast and Furious 7 and I really liked it because of the ending with the really good song :D
- I'm probably not gonna watch any of them :P
- I'm not a big fan of movies in general, but one movie i watched at least 20 times is "Dinner for Schmucks" - it's the funniest movie ever :)
Dmitry "SL1DE" Frishman (Natus Vincere World of Tanks player)
- I watched Furious 7. I liked the film on the whole, though I'm not a big fan of non-realistic genres, and there was too much of it in the movie. As concerns the other films, I haven't seen them. However, I'm planning to watch Mad Max. It is said to be an interesting movie.
- I'm quite indifferent to non-realistic genres, so of all the listed movies, I'm interested in Ted 2. I'll go to the cinema to watch it.
- I seldom watch movies, as I don't have time for that. That's why, I won't advise you any movie. Don't forget, people have different tastes, so it might happen so that you don't like the movie I suggest.
Maxim "Inspirer" Mazenin (Natus Vincere World of Tanks player)
- I watched only Mad Max in the theatre, as I am the great fan of the movie.
- I don't wait for any of the movies you listed.
- As I've already mentioned, I managed to watch only Mad Max. Though, the plot is a bit weak and the actors' performance is not impressive. However, special effects are great. I'd suggest all the fans of the genres watching the movies.
Responses of organization's employees:
Rostislav "Andersen" Grubi (Editor-in-Chief of Natus Vincere website)
- Frankly speaking, I haven't watched any of those, though I did plan to go to the cinema to watch Avengers: Age of Ultron and Mad Max: Fury Road, especially the latter. As concerns the movies I am planning to watch, I plan to watch the abovementioned two movies. Additionally I am waiting for Star Wars release!
- Star Wars and surely Warcraft. The first movie is a sequel of the legendary cosmic saga, which has become significant for a couple of generations now. As concerns the Warcraft universe movie, I don't yet understand what kind of movie it'll be. I hope it won't disappoint the fans as Max Payne and Hitman did once...
- Unfortunately, I haven't watched any movies this month yet. I didn't have time. However, I watched two documentary movies about the World War II a couple of weeks ago. What can I suggest watching? I'd suggest Mad Max, as most of my friends made positive comments about it.
Yana "b2ru" Himchenko (Natus Vincere's reporter and interviewer)
- I am very skeptical about the projects like Furious. The movie seems to me absolutely commercial with a main task to make people waste their money. Such films do not give anything in emotional aspect to me.
- I like Star Wars very much. However, I fear just a bit that the next movie might be disappointing for the same reasons. However, I will surely go to the movies to watch it. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies was the greatest disappointment to me. I wanted to kill Peter Jackson simply for spoiling the final part of my favorite movie. I'll be surely waiting for the Warcraft release, as all gamers do.
- I've watched prevailingly documentary movies lately. For the fans of good movies, I'd suggest watching a short film "The Landing" 2013". Frankly speaking, cartoons are my favorite genre, so watch them!
Natalia Shubovskaya (corrector of Natus Vincere website)
- February, March, April and the first decade of May were devoted to the retrospective of the movies about the World War II. I watched many hard movies again. I watched them at home, without popcorn, late at night, when everyone had fallen asleep and wouldn't interfere with my perception and contemplations. Mad Max, sorry, your time is yet to come.
- Star wars. I'll try breaking through to the theatre in order to watch it. If I don't manage to get there, I won't be upset, as sooner or later I'll watch the sequel of the legendary movie.
- Hero by Zhang Yimou. I watched it again recently. First, it is simply beautiful. Second, I like art-house.
Anastasia Voytehina (translator of Natus Vincere website)
- I don't go to the cinemas. I prefer watching movies at home. Of the listed films, I haven't seen anything and I don't want to. This is not my type of movies. Frankly speaking, I haven't seen a single release of 2015 that would catch me. I plan watching Ex Machina, as soon as it will be available. I've seen the trailer, and it seems pretty interesting. I hope the ending won't correspond to the name of the movie.
- I'd like to watch Terminator, as well as Star Wars (each time I think: what if Lucas dies before the final part is filmed, we'd never know the end of the story). I think it'd be interesting to watch Warcraft too, though I'd prefer to watch a film based on Diablo or StarCraft. Will I go to see the release? May be, may be.
- I haven't seen a single movie this month because due to the new Editor-in-Chief I have twice as much work to do, the project becoming more dynamic. I like it, but I hardly have time to do my personal businesses. So until we hire one more translator, I'll see no movies at all. What can I suggest watching? Mr. Nobody (the film which impressed me most), Cloud Atlas (for the soul). Mulholland Drive by Linch and Enemy by Denis Villeneuve, both films are very atmospheric. And the last, but not the least comes short movie Virtual Reality to think and Sleeping Beauty to simply please your eyes.
Yaroslav "gnss" Razin (Dota 2 reporter)
- Unfortunately, beginning with the fourth part, Fast and Furious movies aren't interesting to me anymore, since the series has turned from the race movie into a standard action movie. I plan going to the cinema to watch Mad Max. Not only are the feedbacks good, but also there's a spirit of recklessness, which modern cinematography heavily lacks.
- Surely new episode of Star Wars. I've been a fan of the saga for a long time now. I wonder what Abrams manages to show us, how he will tell the further story. I will go to the cinema for sure. The atmosphere created by the fans like me will be very cool.
- I wanted to watch "Drive" with Ryan Gosling very much this month. The impression from the movie was contradictory. Still the movie is worth watching as well as reading the original book. As concerns a must-see movie, I suggest 12 angry men. Notwithstanding the movie was created in 1957, it is still very exciting to watch.
Taras "SeiNNezy" Shevchenko (Heroes of The Storm reporter)
- I haven't been to the cinema lately. I'd like to go for Mad Max. I hope I'll manage to do it.
- I will surely go to Star Wars release, if it will be in the theatres in my home town. Being a fan of Warcraft universe, I'll surely go to see this movie. I'm ready to travel to another country for this.
- I suggest watching the movies: Almost Famous and The Boat That Rocked. They are very interesting and cool.
Note from the reporter:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Release date: December 2015
Budget: 200 000 000 $
Director: J.J. Abrams