Inferno replaces Dust 2 in Active Duty
In April last year, CS:GO players bade farewell to Inferno which was replaced by a reworked version of Nuke. With today’s update Inferno has been put back to the Active Duty map pool instead of legendary Dust 2. This means that the Active Duty map group currently consists of the following maps:
Aside from the map rotation, Valve introduced changes to Dust 2, Overpass, Train and Cobblestone, reworked graffiti application process, optimized water materials used on Inferno, Nuke and Aztec and added new consol commands to the spectator mode.
- Replaced Dust II with Inferno in the Active Duty Group.
- Created a separate Dust II map group for Casual and Deathmatch game modes.
- Players can now apply graffiti quickly by pressing and releasing the graffiti menu key. This can be disabled from the graffiti menu via checkbox. To alleviate any initial confusion from this change, we added one extra charge to all unsealed graffiti.
- Optimized water materials used in Inferno, Nuke and Aztec maps.
- Added convars mp_teamscore_max, mp_teamscore_1, mp_teamscore_2 to display best of N maps series in the spectator UI.
- Fixed various spots where C4 could get stuck on Dust 2, Overpass, Train and Cobblestone;
- Fixed some surfaces playing the wrong footstep sounds on Overpass and Cobblestone;
- Made cubby near bottom of platform stairs in Bombsite B on Cobblestone deeper.