Na`Vi.DotA to participate in DOTA 2 tour
As you already know our DotA-team was invited for the world's first DOTA 2 championship which will be hosted at Cologne's GamesCom on August, 17th - 21st. All the best teams will visit this event as 1 million dollars prize pool is definitely worth attending. Together with other participants our team took part into internal betatesting and now all our players + DotA manager received German visas.
On this note we've caugh Natus Vincere CEO Alexander "ZeroGravity" Kokhanovskyy and our DotA-player Alexander "XBOCT" Dashkevich for small interviews.
- How do you like the idea to promote new game with a $1 million prize?
ZeroGravity: I am sure it's a cool PR idea to promote the game via tournament organization. What can be better than awarding the winner with a million dollars?!:)
- The team already received visas, didn't they? Were there any problems?
ZeroGravity: Yeah, guys got visas yesterday! Everything is OK :)
- Our team lost to Danes in F4F 3 finals... Was it caused by team's current practice for GamesCom?
ZeroGravity: Well, MYM has a really nice shape right now and they have been also bootcamping for a while. Of course it was an important match for us but it wasn't decisive given DotA 2 tournament preparations. I would like to congratulate MYM with F4F victory!
- How does you DOTA 2 practice go?
XBOCT: We play about 5-8 matches per day, practice all the heroes, notice some changes, balance, etc.
- What happened in the match against MYM? Why did you lose?
XBOCT: МУМ is a strong opponent, we tried to use new strategies but unfortunately they still require much practice and improvement.