Dota 6.86b Released
When Valve released the Dota 2 v6.86 patch last week, it brought a huge list of changes to all aspects of the game and can be easily considered the biggest and most important patch of the year. Perhaps, so it wouldn’t negatively affect our Christmas holidays with bugs and excessively unbalanced heroes, IceFrog already decided to publish the first balancing patch: v6.86b.
Doom, Faceless Void, Death Prophet, Lone Druid and Winter Wyvern have been enabled in Captain’s Mode. The only heroes that, at the current time, are excluded from the competitive gameplay are Arc Warden and Riki. The former will surely require a few months for testing and balancing updates before being approved. In fact the hero is really strong when played by a competent player. Ultimately we hope that we won’t need to wait years before his addition to Captain’s Mode (as we did for Earth Spirit).
Meanwhile, Riki has already received some changes to his new ultimate. Now it won’t affect all enemy units, but only heroes and illusions. In this way his impact against pushers with many creeps and his overall strength during a teamfight will drastically decrease. We are sure that over time the new Battle Fury build will disappear, but it could still be a great situational item against particular heroes, like Phantom Lancer or Meepo. His Backstab damage has also been increased, thus giving Riki a bigger snowballing capacity.
- Tricks of the Trade now only affects heroes
- Tricks of the Trade AoE increased from 450 to 475
- Tricks of the Trade cooldown rescaled from 90/80/70 to 70
- Cloak and Dagger backstab damage multiplier increased from 0.4/0.6/0.8/1.0 to 0.5/0.75/1.0/1.25
Faceless Void’s new ability, Time Dilation, received different buffs. We welcomed this new skill with high hopes for its strong potential against opponents with low cooldown, spammable abilities. Valve is trying to achieve the perfect numbers for an ability which is completely new to the Dota scene.
- Time Dilation AoE increased from 650 to 725
- Time Dilation slow rescaled from 4/6/8/10 to 7/8/9/10%
- Time Dilation duration rescaled from 6/7/8/9 to 5.5/7/8.5/10 seconds
The new Outworld Devourer ended up rather weak, so Valve opted for a small buff to his abilities, but we believe that more changes will be necessary to make this hero competitive.
- Arcane Orb Int steal increased from 0/1/2/3 to 1/2/3/4
- Astral Imprisonment cooldown rescaled from 20/17/14/11 to 22/18/14/10
- Meat Hook Scepter damage reduced from 175/275/375/475 to 180/270/360/450
- Arcane Rune mana reduction reduced from 50 to 40%
- Spirit Siphon duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
Riki's Tricks of the Trade against Meepo
Skulz 21 December 2015, 12:34 6083 0