Symbolic team of TI 2015
Many new Dota 2 stars were discovered at The International 2015. The unexpected finalist CDEC Gaming and MVP Phoenix, who kicked out the former champions, are among them. We decided to analyze the tournament and determine the best players at each position.
We based upon the game stats, provided by statistics website datdota.com. Perhaps, you think there are more worthy candidates for a symbolic team of The International 2015. Write your opinion in the comments!
Yao “Maybe” Lu
Splendid triple kill by Maybe
Tian “Cty” Yu Chen is another apprentice of YapethS. Furthermore he's got powerful individual skill. His XPM stats are bigger than those of Maybe. However, his team performed worse than the team of Lu Yao.
Gustav “s4” Magnusson has great statistics, well-known reputation and the victory at 1vs1 tournament. Unfortunately, this is undermined by a horrible play on QoP in a match against Virtus.pro and the forthcoming leave from TI.
Huang "Shiki" Jiwei proved that being famous or winning tournaments is not obligatory to show great results at mid. Unfortunately, the final game spoiled final performance, though he's in top 10 players of the tournament in terms of KDA.
Sumail "Suma1L" Hassan - we can't help mentioning young star evil genius. The player is great, though he's too dependent on the hero he plays. Will he get rid of this drawback in future?
Sergey "God" Bragin - it was due to him, that the "bears" managed to take 5-6 places at TI 2015. Sergey played selflessly almost up to nervous breakdown. Finally, it was worth it: the fans can be proud of their favorite team, and God is titled the CIS strongest midders.
Sun "Agressif" Zheng
EG wrote: "GG" after this ultra kill
- Damien "kphoenii" Chok of all the players of MVP Phoenix we'd like to point out the team's carry. Damian was clearly performing his responsibilities at this position. However, his stats were spoiled by Naga Siren (he lost in all 3 matches): it's just not his hero.
- Arthur "Arteezy" Babaev - notwithstanding Team Secret were knocked off at the early stage of the tournament (for a team of such level), Arthur can be proud of his performance. He had great stats and bright game moments. RTZ made his fans very happy.
- Ayrat "Silent" Gaziev played stable as always. However, unfortunately even GPM record for Anti-Mage didn't help him overcome all the listed rivals.
- Zhi “BurNIng” Lei Xu is a legendary player and the best Anti-Mage at professional scene. The inclusion of this player to the list is rather a tribute to his past. However, in some games B-god showed an outstanding performance.
- Clinton "Fear" Loomis is one of the most stable and respected player of North American scene. EG's victory bases on the Clinton's experience to a great extent.
- Chen “Hao” Zhi Hao is one of the best carry in Dota 2-scene. He didn't perform great in the group stage, but he played well in the main part. It is due to Hao Vici Gaming has changed so substantially. And don't forget the only rampage in the main part was made by this player.
- Jia “Sylar” Jun Liu is another reason why LGD Gaming has gone so far. He can play many carry heroes very well. Furthermore, he's got deep notion of the game. These make him a very successful player.
Saahil “Universe” Arora
- Chen "Xz" Zezhi is a player of finalist team CDEC Gaming. Note that he began his career at midder's position. However, after joining his current team he changed his role on the map. As you see that was a right decision.
- Yao “Yao” Zheng Zheng - this is his fifth trip to The International. Yao is only 25, so he might come to TI again.
- Alexander "DkPhobos" Kucheria - after the return to professional scene, Alexander has shown very confident and stable performance. He contributed much to the victory of his team over many rivals.
- Daryl Koh “iceiceice” Pei Xiang is known for his extraordinary behavior. Daryl played differently during the main stage compared to the group stage. His Clockwerk was splendid: 5 victories in 6 matches.
- Maxim "yoky" Kim - Maxim' distinctive feature is stability of performance, which is a main requirement to the offlaner. He's most remarkable for his play of Magnus.
- Ludwig “Zai” Wåhlberg retrained into offlaner (from support) in his new team. However, he performed very well at this position. His great play on the heroes combined with great personal statistics make the player an object of attention of the heads of many esports clubs.
- Fan “rOtk” Bai is the finalist of the previous The International. He spent this year's tournament on the same level. Bai is a very good player, who is capable of playing on various positions. Additionally he's got leader's qualities.
Ning “xiao8” Zhang
Peter “ppd” Dager
- Fu "Q" Bin is a talented captain of CDEC Gaming. He'd been considered an average player for a long time until his great performance forced the critics to shut up. After the encounter in the game, ppd praised Q: "This guy is genius!"
- Liu "Garder" Xinzhou can be put on support position along with Q in our Dream Team. They both perform stably, what else a player is required to do?
- Akbar "SoNNeikO" Butaev we wanted to write down his name into the roster of our symbolic team, but the performance of our players at TI 2015 impedes. Notwithstanding all the difficulties, Akbar played his first TI at a very high level.
- Clement "Puppey" Ivanov is a former player of our team, who has shown great performance on this position: he assisted teammates, making everything possible for them to feel free during the game.
- Tal “Fly-Simba” Aizik is one of the best players of his team: he played effectively and at high level.
- Lu “Fenrir” Chao is a team's veteran, who's got to the list of the best players once again, playing in duet with the second support of the team - fy.
- Lin “fy” Sen Xu is an experienced but still very young player. He created miracles on his signature hero Rubick at this The International. He often changed the course of battle and the game.
This is how a symbolic team of The International 2015 looks like. It is very hard to choose the best player, since every viewer has his or her own preferences. We will hope that our team will succeed at the next grand tournament.